- This event has passed.
2017 Clergy, Staff and Families Retreat
October 2 - October 4
Cascades Camp and Conference Center
We hope to see you all at the upcoming retreat at Cascades Camp open to all pastors, church staff, chaplains, missionaries, and their families in the Pacific Northwest Conference!
The Pacific Northwest Conference “Clergy, Staff, and Family Retreat” is arguably the best of it’s kind in the Covenant. What began as a retreat to support, equip, and empower pastors in this conference has evolved into an event that also welcomes church staff, chaplains, missionaries, spouses and their kids. The retreat continues to seek to be a place for rest and renewal, a place for support and encouragement, and a place to connect and relate to colleagues and friends who find themselves on a similar path in vocational ministry. We come from a variety of ministry contexts and experiences, but gather as PNWC ministerial colleagues to be family. Whatever place in life and ministry you find yourself in, make the Fall Retreat October 2-4 a priority in your calendar.
Our speaker will be Doug Bixby, Senior Pastor at Attleboro Covenant in Massachusetts. He has been a Covenant pastor for 24 years. He will be speaking on the theme of Navigating the Nonsense, as we continue the conversation around conflict in our home, personal, and ministry life. Conflict is a normal and natural part of all human relationships. Avoiding conflict at times amplifies it. Sometimes we amplify conflict between others by getting in the middle of it and trying to help. Developing sides around conflict can turn a minor issue into a major division. Jesus was a master at dealing with conflict and even using it creatively. We will explore these themes and interact with God’s desire for our ministries and personal relationships.
Registration for this event is a TWO-STEP process*. Please register for the retreat and lodging.
[Click Here] to Register for Retreat Program via Square
- The retreat costs $100** per household so just register once. (This includes clergy couples)
- Registration will close on September 26.
- There is a Tuesday only option (includes lunch). Please register through Square($25**) or pay at the door ($30**).
- Transactions via credit card will include a small additional transaction fee.
[Click Here] to Register for Retreat Lodging with Cascades Camp
- Lodging/meals, 2 in room – $162.00
- Lodging/meals, 3+ in room – $126.00
- Camping/meals – $107.00
- Commuting/all meals – $107.00
- Commuting/3 meals – $60.00
- See site for child discounts
3:00p Registration begins
7:00p Session 1 + Kids & Youth programs
9:00p Youth Pastor’s activity / Community time & snacks
9:00a Session 2 + Kids & Youth programs
10:45a Conference & Denominational Updates
1:00p Free Time w/ many optional activities
7:00p Session 3 + Kids & Youth programs
9:00p Community time & snacks
9:00a Session 4 + Kids & Youth programs
11:00a Head home
- For program registration questions contact David Sim treasurernpcministerium@
- For lodging registration questions contact Cascades Camp firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general programming questions contact Mark Carlson email@example.com
- For scholarship requests contact Sarah Hammersborg firstname.lastname@example.org